For this forum, you are required to post one thread answering only one of the following questions:
Also, one response to a classmate.
1. Define, explain, and provide example for each of these concepts:
Unilateral, bilateral, and multilateral action or treaty.
2. Define, explain and provide example of:
Major Powers, Middle Power States, and Small States.
for any reference please use:
Karnes, Margaret P. and Karen A. Mingst (2010). Second Edition. International Organizations: The Politics of Global Governance. Boulder, Colorado: Lynne Reinner Publications.
As you answer each essay question, in addition to the course readings, you will reference your specific budget and, if necessary, other resources related to your selected budget (i.e., county/city website).
Responses to each of the questions should be approximately 1 – 1 .5 pages single-spaced in length.
REQUIRED: A title page, internal citations, and a reference list.
1.Describe the framework of your selected budget relative to the federal budget. How are they related in terms of revenues and expenditures? How are they different? Provide specific examples from your budget
2.In terms of economic policy in the United States, describe the difference between fiscal policy and monetary policy. Then describe the relationship of each to your selected budget.
3. Describe various types of financial aid flowing from the federal government to the your selected governmental entity. In addition to direct financial aid, what other intergovernmental devices are employed? How and where is this reflected in your budget? Describe the changes that have been occurring on the intergovernmental fiscal landscape relative to your specific governmental entity and your predictions for future funding. Where possible, provide specific examples from your selected budget.
4. Why are ethical guidelines important in public budgeting and accounting? How are they directly related to your selected budget? Provide examples of some of the major guidelines utilized by government budget offices and identify those that would govern your selected budget. Include at least one example of where these guidelines have been violated (at your selected level of government specifically).
Identify a state, local, or federal policy that impacts your organization or community.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you complete the following:
• Describe how forecasting can be used to implement this policy and highlight any limitations of the usage of forecasting.
• Compare and contrast the different forms of forecasting used to aid decision-makers when evaluating policy outcomes.
• Discuss the types of information needed to ensure forecasts are accurate.
• Analyze the relationship between forecasting, monitoring of observed policy outcomes, and normative futures in goals and agenda setting.
Include speaker notes with each slide.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed or similar references to support your presentation.
This section further elaborates on your findings in the literature review and concentrates on the gaps found. This section shows how the student will test the thesis question. The student will describe the data to be used to test the hypothesis, the methods to be used and the potential limitations of the project. See the Capstone EOP Manual for details. You may find more assistance on the Library’s Methods & Methodologies site. These sections together should be between 3 – 5 pages.
The theoretical framework develops the theories or models to be used in the study and shows how you plan to develop your research hypothesis or statement. Make sure to relate it to the gap you identified in the literature and the larger theory or model into which it fits. You should highlight the larger theory and how it fits into your thesis here but don’t forget to tie it together in the final conclusion of the paper. See the EOP Manual for more detail.
Assess in 1-page, single-spaced the fiscal health of the City of Oklahoma City. The audience is the City Manager. Due: March 6, 2022.
Using the indicators in the textbook, assess the fiscal health of the OKC.
The data you will need is in this City of Oklahoma City document.
I have posted an article by Bruce McDonald about different ways to assess the fiscal health of local governments and how the selection may depend on the audience.
Look under Modules, the document called “Start Here for Assignment #7 for additional help.
I have uploaded a spreadsheet listing the key financial indicators you need to perform your analysis. City Fiscal Health Analysis OKC.xlsx
Note: the page numbers in the spreadsheet refer to the page numbers in the .pdf file.
The Statement of Activities is page 41 of 280 pages in the document (the page number on the bottom of the page says 31.
The Balance Shee is page 42 of 280 pages in the document (the page number on the bottom of the page says 32.
Answer 2 of the 3 questions. Answers should be at least one single-spaced page each and should use APA formatting. Please indicate which question you are answering. 1. Pick a public administration concept such as diversity, public service motivation, or employee satisfaction. Then specify how this concept would be studied in a research project. How would you specify the indicators that you would use, as well as the dimensions you wish to include in and exclude from your conceptualization? (You are more than welcome to select a concept that you are using for your research design).
2. In Chapter 10, the book lists several paradigms in qualitative field research. Using your research design topic, choose two of the paradigms and discuss how your study would be conducted using each of these paradigms. Compare and contrast the way these two paradigms might be used in your study.
3. Suppose you are interested in studying the satisfaction of employees in your nonprofit organization. What quantitative and qualitative indicators might you examine? Make sure that you include rationale for choosing these indicators.
DISCUSSION ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
What theory of federalism (or, if using Wright’s classification system, IGR model) best represents the American intergovernmental system? Give at least 3 reasons to support your claim and contrast your choice with at least 2 other models/theories. Conclude by identifying which theory/model best informs your research topic and question.
In the field of federalism and intergovernmental relations, the Christian statesman should reason and make decisions about policy according to the Bible, Christian morality, and the founding constitutional principles of limited government. This is done in the context where ideas and practices may or may not align with Christian beliefs. Toward that end, the Discussion’s purpose is to introduce those theories and models that are most persuasive in federalism studies.
To aid in that goal, the Discussion Assignment focuses on taking a position (the “thesis”) with respect to the assigned question (the “prompt”) and defending that position.
You will participate in a Discussion Assignment which will have at least four postings in
Turabian Author-Date style consisting of one thread and three replies.
· For the one thread–Compose a 1000-1250-word essay that cogently addresses and answers the prompt and post it by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: Week. Provide at least four citations from the required course materials and one reference to Scripture.
· For the three replies–Select three of your classmates’ threads and compose a 350-500-word reply to each thread you selected and post your reply to that thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the assigned Module: Week. Provide at least two citations from the required course materials for each reply. Each reply should interact with that student’s point as it relates to the prompt.
Consider the thread and replies as professional communications by the Christian statesman. As
such, they should demonstrate
· a mastery of the required course materials.
· substantive and well-reasoned arguments, not merely opinions. Support claims with
evidence from areas such as logic, the Bible, course materials, personal experience, and
the framers’ views on federalism.
· care in the proper citation and referencing of sources according to Turabian Author-Date
· excellent writing and editing skills.
I AM REQUESTION ASSISTANCE WITH ONE RESPONSE ONLY, THE POST TO RESPOND TO IS ATTACHED.
Sources must be within 5 years
Application Analysis: Understanding Consultation
Complete the 80-question exam. (50 points)
Write an essay reflecting upon the role of a healthcare worker, answer the following questions: (100 points)
Identify the importance of using correct medical terminology with 3-5 examples of what could go wrong if you misspell a word or location or used the incorrect word. Think of amputations or similar names. You may search for “Medical errors.”
What regulation provides patient privacy and how will it affect you in the medical field.
1000 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
Include a title page and reference page in APA style
Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
Please listen to the oral arguments in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission (2018). The audio and transcript are available here. https://www.oyez.org/cases/2017/16-111
Then answer the following questions:
1. What, for you, were the most persuasive parts of the arguments presented?
2. What, for you, were the most interesting or useful lines of questioning pursued by the Justices?
Requirements: Your Final Ethics Research Paper must meet the following guidelines:
Topic Is Bp Oil Spill .
3,500 – 4,000 total words
Minimum 500 words Christian worldview discussion included in total
APA-compliant formatting, including title and References page(s)
Minimum of six scholarly references (not counting textbook and Bible)
Turnitin similarity index should not exceed 20%
Final References page in APA format
Paper should include the following discussion:
• Overview of the facts of the ethical problem.
• Identification of primary individuals involved in the ethical
lapse, their relationship/position with respect to the matter, and
what they did that contributed to the ethical lapse.
• Evaluate the ethical situation by going through each step of the
Baird Decision Model. Be sure to address each of the Four Ethical Lenses and related questions. Your evaluation should include an assessment of what occurred and what would have been a better approach. Explain the consequences that resulted from the ethical lapse and whether you believe the consequences were appropriate and adequate.
• Discuss how a Christian worldview would impact the approach to the ethical situation. You must include references to specific Scriptures to support your position. • Explain what you would now adopt as part of your personal statement of values as a result of your case study that will help you to avoid engaging in the same or similar ethical lapse.